- Formulated for resistance to ultraviolet light.
- Tough, thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer has a high shear strength adhesive and is abrasion, scratch, erosion, tear and puncture resistant.
- Thin and conformable tape is easy to apply and conforms over curved surfaces.
- Can be painted over, or applied to painted surfaces.
- Thickness 0,36mm (360 micron); available in different sizes.
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8671HS is a 14 mil, leading edge erosion protection tape comprised of a tough polyurethane backing and an acrylic adhesive. It resists punctures, tearing and abrasion, and it also resists ultraviolet light. This tape is qualified for aerospace specifications.
This tape is a transparent thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer tape designed to provide premium leading edge erosion protection. With scratch, tear, erosion and puncture resistance that comes from the polyurethane backing, this tape also includes a high shear strength acrylic adhesive. It can withstand a wide variety of difficult conditions, including rain and sand erosion. It is formulated for resistance to ultraviolet light. The tape can be applied efficiently in aircraft production and maintenance.
3M™ is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Enabling efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how 3M™ executes never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants, surface protection products and composite resins that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the numerous advantages of 3M™ Aerospace products. The brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance, adding value to the final results.